Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom II RPG unleashed on iPhone  (Read 752 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 30, 2010, 03:00:11 pm »

Doom II RPG unleashed on iPhone

I remember there being a joke about new devices coming out: Yeah, but does it run Doom? The iPhone does, and apparently Id is on a hot streak now. According to TouchArcade, the Doom II RPG [$3.99, iTunes Link] was released Tuesday on the App Store. What I've seen is that people are enjoying it. I tend to take my time with quest-style games, so I am not really far into it (stage one of nine), but I am liking it a lot.

I never had a device before that I really wanted to be playing games on, so I never spent a lot of time with Doom's previous flavors -- this one is an RPG variant on the classic Doom shooting gameplay, made just for the iPhone by Id. Right now I'm really digging it, and for me it's worth the time spent because I'll have my phone awhile still. There's been thought and effort put into the controls of this one, and you can tell it's a game designed to play on the iPhone.

Releases like this and the continuing efforts to port old-school games forward to the current generation of hardware have been going on for years. I think it's been going on long enough that people are less interested in doing it for the cred and more because these games are genuinely fun to play. Unless someone makes a better suggestion in the comments, once I conquer Doom II RPG I'll be (not so) patiently waiting for the iPhone port of Riven. (Ed: Don't tell Kelly, but that's out, too!)Doom II RPG unleashed on iPhone originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/02/11/doom-ii-rpg-unleashed-on-iphone/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: