Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Arcade could make mobile gaming a premium experience again  (Read 150 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 18, 2019, 04:05:20 pm »

Apple Arcade could make mobile gaming a premium experience again

Apple is launching Apple Arcade this fall. We're eager to see it in action, as it could bring back the glory days of iOS gaming.

Several years ago, I was big into the mobile gaming scene on the App Store. Not just because it was a part of my job, but because I loved seeing unique games by creative developers coming out every week. It was also amazing to see games that cost a few bucks up front and didn't pester you with loot boxes and other annoying in-app purchases (IAPs).

Fast forward from the beginning of the App Store to now, and we have hundreds (or thousands) of freemium games that are riddled with ridiculous amounts of in-app purchases. It's either that or games that are nothing but cheap ripoffs of popular IPs or re-skins of other games.

For the most part, I kind of stopped caring about the mobile gaming scene for the past year or so. I usually end up getting excited about some new game announcement, but then am severely let down once I find out it's free and laden with IA...

Source: Apple Arcade could make mobile gaming a premium experience again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: