Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you’re worried about the legitimacy of a downloaded software installer  (Read 273 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 06, 2019, 04:05:13 pm »

What to do if you’re worried about the legitimacy of a downloaded software installer

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>You should almost always download installers for apps, drivers, or other software directly from the site operated by the software’s developer. However, sometimes developers rely on third-party sites to host their files. Or you might encounter a situation like mine: I was unable to reach a company’s site recently, as it was temporarily down, and I found a driver I needed on a third-party update site.</p><p>This might leave you a little concerned as to whether the installer was legitimate or at least provided by the developer. Some download sites have been known to package real software updates with adware that, when installed, serves up unwanted advertising or rewrites links on pages to redirect who receives credit for ads you see or click on.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3435105/what-to-do-if-youre-worried-about-the-legitimacy-of-a-downloaded-software-installer.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: What to do if you’re worried about the legitimacy of a downloaded software installer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: