Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Watch Series 5 battery test: 50 miles with an always on display  (Read 255 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 23, 2019, 04:05:24 pm »

Apple Watch Series 5 battery test: 50 miles with an always on display

Once again, when Apple makes a battery claim it means it.

I use a lot of fitness trackers throughout the year. Each has a unique set of strengths and weaknesses, but if I'm honest I usually find myself coming back to Apple Watch. It's easiest to use, integrates better with many apps I use daily, and is comfortable enough to wear with just about anything. But the lack of an always on display has been a pain point for me as a cyclist. I like being able to glance down and see my pacing or my distance traveled without adjusting my wrist and moving my fingers away from my brakes. So when the Apple Watch Series 5 was announced with its always on display, I was more than a little excited.

But I was also somewhat doubtful. Apple claimed during the announcement this new always on display was not going to impact battery life, that you could still get an 18 hour day in a single charge with "mixed use" like you could with the Series 4. Considering the new Series 5 is the exact same size and sh...

Source: Apple Watch Series 5 battery test: 50 miles with an always on display
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: