Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create a bootable macOS Catalina installer drive  (Read 288 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 10, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »

How to create a bootable macOS Catalina installer drive

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>An external drive that you can use as an installer for macOS Catalina is a handy thing to have. If you have multple Macs to upgrade, it’s a lot more efficient to plug in the USB installer drive and run the installer than to log into the App Store, download the 6.5GB OS installer, and then run it.</p><p>In this article I’ll go over the different ways you can create a bootable macOS Catalina installation drive. But before I give instructions on how to create the drive, I’ll go over the items you’ll need and how to get them.</p>

<p><strong>Macworld also has bootable-install-drive instructions for:</strong></p><ul>
<li><strong>Mojave (macOS 10.14)</strong></li>
<li><strong><a href="http://bit.ly/2twV3Df" rel="nofollow">High Sierra (macOS 10.13)[/url]</strong></li>
<li><strong>Sierra (macOS 10.12)</strong></li>
<li><strong>El Capitan (OS X 10.11)</strong></li>
<li><strong>Yosemite (OS X 10.10)</strong></li>
<li><strong>Mavericks (OS X 10.9)</strong></li>
<li><strong>Mountain Lion (OS X 10.Cool</strong></li>
<li><strong>Lion (OS X 10.7)</strong></li>
</ul>

<h2 class="toc">Get an external drive and maybe an adapter</h2>
<p>The macOS Catalina installer software is nearly 6.5GB, so you need a USB external drive that can hold that much data. The drive can be a thumb drive, hard drive, or SSD.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3442597/how-to-create-a-bootable-macos-catalina-installer-drive.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to create a bootable macOS Catalina installer drive
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: