Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NetNewsWire 5 review: Venerable Mac RSS news reader goes back to basics  (Read 326 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 25, 2019, 04:05:13 pm »

NetNewsWire 5 review: Venerable Mac RSS news reader goes back to basics

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I’ve been an ardent fan of RSS news readers for a long time, but lately find it easier to consume information on Twitter in bite-sized chunks; you can browse headlines in near real-time, clicking links to read full articles of interest from a web browser.</p><p>A well-designed reader app does the same, but once you add an avalanche of feeds, it becomes time-consuming to slog through the digital noise every day. When I heard Mac reader app NetNewsWire had been resurrected by the original developer, it felt like a good time to dust off my feeds and give RSS another shot.</p><h2>Coming home</h2>
<p><a href="https://ranchero.com/netnewswire/" rel="nofollow">NetNewsWire 5[/url] is the latest incarnation of an application dating back to 2002, when developer Brent Simmons unveiled what would soon become one of the most popular Mac news readers. Three years later, the software was acquired by NewsGator, who kept Simmons on board, adding synchronization for good measure.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3446787/netnewswire-5-review.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: NetNewsWire 5 review: Venerable Mac RSS news reader goes back to basics
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: