Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical media has its place, but when can I stream the movie on Disney+?  (Read 258 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 21, 2019, 04:05:20 pm »

Physical media has its place, but when can I stream the movie on Disney+?

Best answer: Theatrical releases should arrive on Disney Plus (Disney+) about four months after they hit Blu-ray and DVD.

Enter the fantasia: Disney+ (From $7/mo at Disney+)

Putting the magic on hold

The anticipation for Disney's streaming service is finally over. Until now, it took scouring the various streaming services to see what was available from Dinsey; even then, the pickings were relatively thin. Before Disney+'s launch, we could also get our fix through DVDs and Blu-rays.

Now that Disney+ is out, the next question is how the company will handle physical media releases. While there isn't any official schedule out there from Disney as to when we can expect to see movies make it to the streaming service after discs, we do have a good idea when that could be.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter the senior VP of content, Agnes Chu gave some insight as to the plans:

Chu says the conversation around which projects make sense for streaming is guided by their budg...

Source: Physical media has its place, but when can I stream the movie on Disney+?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: