Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when your external Mac display isn’t showing up or displaying color casts  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 23, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »

What to do when your external Mac display isn’t showing up or displaying color casts

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>My external monitor was having a moment. It powered up when I woke my iMac from its standby mode with pink-hued tone over everything. While this was vaguely aesthetically pleasing, it wasn’t particularly beneficial and I thought it would wear on me.</p><p>My first thought was that some internal circuitry had cracked and pink was its overlaid color from now on. Fortunately, that wasn’t the case.</p><p>Sometimes, external monitors don’t sync up perfectly with a Mac when they are turned on or woken from a standby state. In other cases, the display isn’t recognized by your Mac at all, which thinks it has one (or more) fewer monitors connected to it and relocates windows and icons. These situations seem to happen more frequently with older monitors, but readers regularly report all sorts of oddnesses.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3454116/what-to-do-when-your-external-mac-display-isnt-showing-up-or-displaying-color-casts.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: What to do when your external Mac display isn’t showing up or displaying color casts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: