Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple and Hackergal take Hour of Code to the next level  (Read 229 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 17, 2019, 04:05:18 pm »

Apple and Hackergal take Hour of Code to the next level

I love Hour of Code. I've gone every year that Apple has hosted it. And it keeps getting better every year.

That's thanks to the new apps and app updates, like Swift Playgrounds, new course material, like Everyone Can Code and Everyone Can Create, and even new devices like the 10.2-inch iPad.

Sure, these platforms and tools are used all year long in many schools. But our of code is a special opportunity every year to catch the attention of schools who haven't looked at the importance of code literacy, or kids who have been hesitant to give it a try.

This year I went to the Computer Science Education Week at Artscape Daniels Launchpad in Toronto for Hour of Code.
There,  grade 5 and 6 students from 3 public schools in the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) we're in attendance: St. John XXIII, Our Lady of Lourdes, and St. Dunstan.

It was run by Hackergal founder and executive director, Lucy Ho, founder and executive director, and special developer guest included Toront...

Source: Apple and Hackergal take Hour of Code to the next level
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: