Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shhh, this Apple fan is now using Google Nest home products  (Read 255 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 29, 2019, 04:05:40 pm »

Shhh, this Apple fan is now using Google Nest home products

Until Apple expands its line-up of HomeKit products, it's time to give Google Nest accessories a look.

Recently, I was in the market for a new mesh router system. After spending a great deal of time looking at the reviews of the many products online, I decided to buy the Google Nest Wifi system, which launched earlier this year. Other than the original Google Home smart speaker, this was the first Google hardware device I welcomed into my home. As a card-carrying member of the Apple fan club, allowing Google to control my home's connection to the world was a step out of my comfort zone.

Weeks later, my smart home and I have survived and we're both thriving by going to the dark side.

Google comes home

Since purchasing Nest Labs in 2014, Google has largely taken a hands-off approach when it came to the original home of the Nest Learning Thermostat and other smart home products. Things began to change earlier this year when Nest was finally folded into the Google Home division. In d...

Source: Shhh, this Apple fan is now using Google Nest home products
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: