Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Life 2 for Mac delivers more thought-balloon fun  (Read 752 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 10, 2010, 03:00:08 pm »

Comic Life 2 for Mac delivers more thought-balloon fun

From time to time, I'm asked to name my favorite Mac app -- as if such a designation was even possible (I love you all equally, kids, don't worry). If you pushed me and narrowed the question a bit to, "Is there a Mac app that you keep coming back to when you have to create something cool in a very short period of time?" the answer is easy. Plasq's Comic Life is my favorite quick turnaround tool, smile inducer and fun photo mauler.
The $30 app, from the incubator firm of Skitch, is a delightful (if at times a bit busy) way to take your favorite pictures, add quick captions and layouts, and immediately print or share them with a click. I've used it for refrigerator magnets, party invites, birth announcements, process documentation and more over the years.
Yesterday Plasq released version 2.0 of Comic Life, which adds template support, Facebook integration, advanced word-balloon controls and more. It's a $9.95 upgrade for existing users and $19.95 to move to a five-machine family pack. (Note that Comic Life Magiq is $20 more costly; it adds image edit/warp controls and other high-end features, but it isn't file-compatible with CL2 yet.)
This is the biggest revamp for the core Comic Life product in its five-year history, and it's fantastic to see one of our favorite indie studios putting out refreshed products right before the Mac App Store hits. There's a free 30-day trial, so check it out!Continue reading Comic Life 2 for Mac delivers more thought-balloon funComic Life 2 for Mac delivers more thought-balloon fun originally appeared on TUAW on Fri, 10 Dec 2010 02:45:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/12/10/comic-life-2-for-mac-delivers-more-thought-balloon-fun/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: