Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Apple drop support for the Magic Mouse 2 on the iPad?  (Read 314 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 25, 2020, 04:05:13 pm »

Why did Apple drop support for the Magic Mouse 2 on the iPad?

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Once upon a time, and not very long ago at that, you could use a Magic Mouse 2 with an iPad so long as you were running iPadOS 13. It worked well enough—for a while, anyway. But lately Macworld readers have been telling me that their Magic Mouse 2 no longer works on Apple’s tablet, and some of them have singled out January’s iPadOS 13.3 as the culprit. The most frustrated users are those who never had a chance to see the mouse work at all, so they’re convinced they’re doing it wrong. Surely, they think, Apple wouldn’t pull support for one of its own products—and who could blame them?</p><p>Apparently, it did. I’ve confirmed this with my own iPad Pro that’s running iPadOS 13.3.1, and nada—nothing works. (That’s true of my iPhone, too.) I’ve tried the backdoor route described in my how-to. I’ve tried multiple methods of hooking up devices through Bluetooth. If I hook up the Magic Mouse 2 with a wired connection, I can at least get the AssistiveTouch feature that powers the iPad’s mouse control to recognize that a mouse is attached, but I can’t actually move the pointer. Of course, it’s not like I could actually use the Magic Mouse 2 with a wired connection anyway, thanks to this infamous design flaw:</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3528863/why-did-apple-drop-support-for-the-magic-mouse-2-on-the-ipad.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why did Apple drop support for the Magic Mouse 2 on the iPad?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: