Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HomeKit Secure Routers: What works, what broke, and what I learned.  (Read 262 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 09, 2020, 04:05:22 pm »

HomeKit Secure Routers: What works, what broke, and what I learned.

What works, what broke, and what I learned about my smart home traffic.

HomeKit Secure Routers, the privacy-centric feature that was just recently released for select eero routers last week, may not be the biggest of deals for most people, but for me, it was the one thing from Apple that I have been the most excited about (so far) for this year. The HomeKit Secure Router feature essentially allows you to create a firewall around your HomeKit accessories, limiting or blocking their access to the internet, which in turn, keeps them from potential attacks that could wreak havoc on not just your network, but others as well.

Despite having a rather large collection of internet-connected smart home accessories that are fully capable of sending my habits and usage patterns off to whomever they want to, I place a large emphasis on privacy on everything that I do. I am definitelythat guy that uses DuckDuckGo over Google, limits ad tracking and personalization through browser and site settin...

Source: HomeKit Secure Routers: What works, what broke, and what I learned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: