Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The first era of AirPods is ending, and I can't wait to see what's next  (Read 375 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2020, 04:05:22 pm »

The first era of AirPods is ending, and I can't wait to see what's next

AirPods Studio marks the end of the first AirPods era and the beginning of the next.

As you may have heard, production has started on AirPods Studio, Apple's rumored set of over-ear wireless headphones. If we assume that this is the case, we're likely to see AirPods Studio relatively soon, perhaps as soon as WWDC 2020, which kicks off on June 22.

We've been hearing about over-the-ear headphones coming directly from Apple (rather than the company's Beats subsidiary) for a while now, and I'm excited that they're almost here. I see it as the end of the first phase of the AirPods era, where AirPods go from being Apple's wireless earbuds to being an audio product line.

Phase One

We don't know the exact reason that Apple decided to even start making AirPods, but as outside observers, we can make guesses. From the outside, it looks pretty simple: Apple was removing the headphone jack from the iPhone and wanted to give people a simple-to-use wireless earphone option that it could also se...

Source: The first era of AirPods is ending, and I can't wait to see what's next
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: