Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS 14 would be a great time for widgets to come to the iPhone Home screen  (Read 252 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 29, 2020, 04:05:22 pm »

iOS 14 would be a great time for widgets to come to the iPhone Home screen

I'm ready for widgets on my iPhone's Home screen, and I hope Apple is, too.

Recently, a number of concepts have made the rounds depicting a potential iOS 14 that allows for widgets on the Home screen. Not just widgets, but widgets that expand from the icons that already occupy the Home screen. These concepts are less like Android's widgets and more like the late lamented Windows Phone's Live Tiles, which can serve to display information from an app and launch that app.

Both of these more recent concepts are intriguing in their plausibility, painting a picture of widgets on iOS that's less like a copy of the Android experience that some fear, and more of a natural outgrowth of Apple existing design language.

The concepts are also exciting to me because they show me something that I've wanted for a long time: an iOS experience that can be customized to suit my needs.

The time for widgets is now

The thing that I continue to find most attractive about Android compared to iOS is the ...

Source: iOS 14 would be a great time for widgets to come to the iPhone Home screen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: