Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #AllLivesMatter can't happen until #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 682 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 08, 2020, 04:05:25 pm »

#AllLivesMatter can't happen until #BlackLivesMatter

When you say "all lives matter," you're missing the point.

I'm tired of 2020 — it's been nothing but a dumpster fire since the start, and it feels like it just continues to get worse and worse each and every day.

I know this is a tech site, but there has been so much happening lately that in all honesty, the tech stuff seems a bit trivial at this point. I'm very thankful and grateful that I have a great job here at iMore, but these days, it isn't all about Apple and tech. It's about the First Amendment, equality for all Black people, and how systemic racism and racism, in general, need to come to an end.

I'm also very tired of hearing people say "but all lives matter!" No, that is fundamentally flawed because African Americans have never felt equal among their White peers — they've faced hundreds of years of oppression, being treated differently by others because of the color of their skin, and they live in fear of being shot by cops because of systemic racism in a corrupt org...

Source: #AllLivesMatter can't happen until #BlackLivesMatter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: