Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPadOS 14 is coming soon, and this is what I hope comes with it  (Read 423 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 11, 2020, 04:05:19 pm »

iPadOS 14 is coming soon, and this is what I hope comes with it

What I want to see from Apple's next version of iPadOS.

When Apple debuted iPadOS at WWDC 2019, it was the surprise that a lot of us iPad devotees had been waiting for: a separate operating system for the iPad. While the first iteration, iPadOS 13, shared a lot of features with that year's release of iOS, the two are starting to diverge slightly. For instance, we see this in the iPad's recent adoption of full trackpad and mouse support, which isn't present on the iPhone.

While many iPad fans are used to waiting two years between substantial, iPad-specific updates, in branching off iPadOS into a distinct piece of software, Apple has set a certain level of expectation. For instance, macOS doesn't always have massive updates year to year, but it's always in the keynote and always gets some feature of note.

Given that the iPad is a more popular line of devices than the Mac at this point, I have little doubt that Apple will make time for it during its keynote for WWDC 2020. But what do...

Source: iPadOS 14 is coming soon, and this is what I hope comes with it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: