Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: watchOS 7 wishlist — What's next for Apple Watch  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 16, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »

watchOS 7 wishlist — What's next for Apple Watch

I've written a bunch of columns about why I think the Apple Watch is the most important device Apple has ever made, the most important consumer electronics device ever made, and basically the gadget of the last damn decade. Because it saves lives by design.

A lot of the credit for that goes to watchOS — the software that drives the watch hardware. It's what's given us those life-saving features like heart rate notifications, fall detection, and the ECG app.

And, while the current watchOS 6 bits are, of course, the best ones yet, there's still a lot more I'd like to see with watchOS 7.

Better always-on

Always-on is great. It finally lets the Apple Watch work as, you know, a watch. But there are still a couple of things that would make it better for me.

First, the ability to handle basic interactions even while in always-on mode. Right now, if I don't move enough to trigger a wake-up, I try to swipe down to see a notification and nothing happens. Then I typically swipe again. ...

Source: watchOS 7 wishlist — What's next for Apple Watch
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: