Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is macOS Big Sur laying groundwork for touchscreen Macs?  (Read 261 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 26, 2020, 04:05:19 pm »

Is macOS Big Sur laying groundwork for touchscreen Macs?

macOS Big Sur might be setting the stage for touch-capable Macs.

Since the WWDC 2020 keynote on Monday, and since spending significant time with its developer beta, I've had one recurring thought about macOS Big Sur: "Man, this would work well on a touch screen."

Now, I've been one of those people saying that touch wouldn't come to the Mac. But a lot of the changes, and this is a sentiment that I've seen in a myriad of places around the internet since Monday, really do make the Mac look and feel, on a basic level, more like an iPad.

Some controls are larger. There's more space between items in drop-down menus. The Safari address bar (and admittedly, this could just be a trick of perception) seems a bit wider than it used to. All of it looks like it could accommodate a pointer with more surface area than the standard macOS cursor.

Now, this isn't to say that there are definitely touch Macs on the way. But there's one more factor that makes the prospect at least more plausible than...

Source: Is macOS Big Sur laying groundwork for touchscreen Macs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: