Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's new accessibility features make technology better for everyone  (Read 362 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 26, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »

Apple's new accessibility features make technology better for everyone

Apple makes accessibility top-tier importance, which makes the entire experience better for everyone.

When Apple demos new software updates at WWDC, accessibility features usually don't get the spotlight (though last year's WWDC was all about accessibility). I realize that there are many hundreds of new things coming that Apple wants to make us aware of, but I think Apple should wear its accessibility achievements on its chest as a badge of honor. I oftentimes speak to tech lovers that tell me they only use Apple devices or have switched to Apple products because of the many and useful accessibility features.

This success doesn't come from simply adding on an accessibility option after everything's already been done. It comes from Apple putting accessibility at the top of its list of priorities. Accessibility isn't an afterthought for Apple. It's a before thought.

Accessibility features benefit everyone. Mouse and trackpad support started as an adaptive pointer device feature. Bac...

Source: Apple's new accessibility features make technology better for everyone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: