Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two things iOS 4.2.1 is missing  (Read 742 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 24, 2010, 07:00:13 am »

Two things iOS 4.2.1 is missing

I love my iPhone and iPad, but two slight revisions to iOS would make my holiday wishes come true. These may not be earth-shattering to you, but they would make my life much simpler.

Mail

It's lovely that iOS pushes mail to my my devices, but Apple just didn't go far enough with it. When mail is pushed, or fetched for that matter, the only things pushed are what belong in your inbox. I have around 20 IMAP mailboxes that mail gets filtered into using Rules in Mac Mail, and nothing gets pushed to them. I verified this with Apple.

Since I spend a good deal of time with no Wi-Fi, and in many cases no cellular connection either, what I would love is to have an option where all mail gets pushed to me, regardless of what IMAP mailbox it's in. That way I can take my iDevice on a train or a plane and catch up on all my email while offline.
I understand that this would be a drain on the battery, but if you were able to do it using a toggle, and not a persistent setting, I don't think it would matter. You would use it when you want and not be bothered with the power drain when you're not. I have a feeling this would help out a lot of people.

See the other wish I've got right after the break.Continue reading Two things iOS 4.2.1 is missingTwo things iOS 4.2.1 is missing originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/12/23/two-things-ios-4-2-1-is-missing/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: