Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Bring the arcade home with PowerA's Wireless Arcade Stick  (Read 188 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 09, 2021, 04:05:21 pm »

Review: Bring the arcade home with PowerA's Wireless Arcade Stick

A perfect entry point for arcade enthusiasts and fighting game fans.

As a child of the mid-90s, I just barely missed the heyday of the arcade scene, but the few arcade cabinets I did find tucked away in the corners of derelict video stores and pizza shops introduced me to a different way of play. Instead of a controller held between my hands, I was given a joystick and eight bright buttons, and my ability to progress largely relied on my (or rather, my parent's) wallet. The stakes were great, but the glory of a high score was greater.

Since then, the gaming landscape has changed dramatically. An authentic arcade experience is nearly extinct, and those classic arcade games that ate quarter after quarter are now readily on nearly every console — including Nintendo's hybrid console, the Nintendo Switch. There are many great controllers available for the Nintendo Switch, fight sticks included, but fans of old-school games will agree that while a controller works just fine, nothing be...

Source: Review: Bring the arcade home with PowerA's Wireless Arcade Stick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: