Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach small children basic foreign language words with iKidz Pro  (Read 675 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 14, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »

Teach small children basic foreign language words with iKidz Pro

Every time I've been to Holland, I've been amazed at the number of languages that many people could speak fluently. Perhaps one of the reasons is that the Dutch start teaching their children other languages at a very early age. I came across a very simple and well-designed app that might prove that's true. iKidz Pro (US$2.99) is an educational universal iOS app that teaches very small children basic words in nine languages: US English, UK English, Spanish, Dutch, French, Italian, Russian, Polish and Turkish, with more on the way. For fun, a baby language was put in that doesn't teach anything but is fun to play with.
If a child taps on a picture within a category, the picture expands to the whole screen, and the written word and picture are displayed. If the child taps anywhere on the page, an animated written word pops in, and the word is spoken in a perfectly accented language of the parent's choice. If tapped more than once, each tap shows the printed word in a different color, and the word is spoken again. That's all it does, but for little ones, I think it's more than enough as an introduction to language education.Continue reading Teach small children basic foreign language words with iKidz ProTeach small children basic foreign language words with iKidz Pro originally appeared on TUAW on Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/11/29/teach-small-children-basic-foreign-language-words-with-ikidz-pro/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: