Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Pokémon Unite fixed one big issue it wouldn't have a pay-to-win problem  (Read 157 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 28, 2021, 04:05:17 pm »

If Pokémon Unite fixed one big issue it wouldn't have a pay-to-win problem

Currently, in order to win your wallet needs to lose.

One of the biggest releases of the summer has to be Pokémon Unite. The free-to-play MOBA hit the Nintendo Switch to much fanfare, impressing Pokémon fans and MOBA veterans alike with its accessible gameplay and its surprising depth. I, for one, have been playing it since launch, and in my review, I wrote that "Pokémon Unite is a surprisingly fun introduction to the MOBA genre." However, I later noted that "it has microtransactions that verge on unacceptable."

Now at the time of that review, I thought that the checks and balances put into place for Pokémon Unite still kept it from the verge of being pay-to-win. The line was blurred, sure, and while spending some money might put you on the track to earn more gear for upgrades, you still had to put the time and effort into playing the game. In particular, I pointed out the use of Item Enhancers was problematic, but thankfully you could not buy them with real money.

But I was w...

Source: If Pokémon Unite fixed one big issue it wouldn't have a pay-to-win problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: