Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metroid Dread could save the franchise by finally leaving Metroids behind  (Read 147 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 28, 2021, 04:05:38 pm »

Metroid Dread could save the franchise by finally leaving Metroids behind

I'm just as impatient for Metroid Prime 4 as you are, but it's Metroid Dread that'll determine the series' future.

Nintendo has a fantastic roster of original characters — best evidenced by Smash Ultimate's bloated roster — but it has essentially abandoned several of its iconic franchises like kittens in boxes. F-Zero has been gone since 2004. We'll likely never see a Mother 3 port, let alone a new Earthbound game with Ness and company. Star Fox was shoved off on Rare and Namco before vanishing for a decade. Even the legendary Samus Aran from Metroid has struggled to find work.

PS5 roadmap leaves us with questions
Metroid Dread could save the franchise
Age of Empires 4 developer interview

Like many gamers of my generation, my introduction to Samus was the 3D Prime trilogy on the GameCube. I didn't pay much attention to the series' older games, and quite honestly, Team Ninja's 2.5D Metroid: Other M underwhelmed me so much that it soured me on trying any of the 2D games...

Source: Metroid Dread could save the franchise by finally leaving Metroids behind
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: