Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test reveals privacy dangers of other trackers 'way worse' than AirTags  (Read 112 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 13, 2022, 04:05:20 pm »

Test reveals privacy dangers of other trackers 'way worse' than AirTags

""For all the bad press the AirTags have gotten, and as flaky as the detection mechanisms were, at least I was consistently getting notifications they were following me," he said. "The privacy dangers of the other trackers were way worse."

What you need to know

A NYT reporter secretly tracked her husband with AirTags and rival devices for a story.
The results reveal that the AirTag was better for "tracking" than a specialized device and that there were some difficulties with safeguards.
However, it concludes that the privacy dangers of other trackers like Tile were much worse.

A New York Times reporter who secretly tracked her husband with a multitude of trackers including Apple's AirTag has revealed that while there are indeed privacy concerns, other similar devices are much more of a safety concern.

Kashmir Hill writing for the New York Times took to testing the claims that Apple's AirTag did not have adequate safety protections for tracking:

I decided to examine both c...

Source: Test reveals privacy dangers of other trackers 'way worse' than AirTags
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: