Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sinbad gives the Keynote at Macworld 2011  (Read 548 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 28, 2011, 07:00:13 am »

Sinbad gives the Keynote at Macworld 2011

Long time Apple devotee Sinbad delivered a very funny Keynote address this afternoon at Macworld, talking for about 20 minutes and then taking questions from the audience. He has been coming to Macworld since 1991 and talked about everything from his first Mac, which was a Macintosh 512K that he said had so little memory that putting in his password maxed it out. He joked about Steve Jobs designing the Mac for the dumbest, silliest person in the world. Steve brought some of them into a room and asked them, what can you do? They told him they could click and that's how it all started.

He thought it funny that whenever someone talks about what will be the next iPhone killer, iPad killer, iAnything killer, everyone gets really interested. However, if you ask what will be the next Android killer -- who cares? Someone in the audience asked what interesting feature will the next iPhone have, and without a beat he said "reception." With the current iPhone, Sinbad noted, "I can shoot movies, solve science problems, but I can't call my Momma." When asked when the government will switch to Macs, he said "Never, cause it would work, and that would be very dark times."

He talked a lot about creativity and that you can do just about anything on an iPad and iPhone. All you need to build a recording studio is a Blue Mikey Mic, a four track app and and iPhone. Friend of his are recording music on just that.

As for Sinbad's favorite apps, he listed 1stVideo, Guitar World Lick of the Day and other apps from Vericorder Technologies. So take it from Sinbad and go out and create something.Sinbad gives the Keynote at Macworld 2011 originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/01/27/sinbad-gives-the-keynote-at-macworld-2011/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: