Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And Yet It Moves 50% off in the Mac App Store  (Read 519 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:11 am »

And Yet It Moves 50% off in the Mac App Store

If you want an incredibly fun game to play on your Mac, go and buy And Yet It Moves from the Mac App Store. I've been playing it for the last day and it's one of the best games I've played on my Mac in years.

In And Yet It Moves you play a character who has to navigate his way around seventeen levels of ecological wonder by running and jumping -- and rotating the world around him. Turn walls into floors, tilt the world to make an uncrossable bottomless pit into nothing more than a minor inconvenience, and rotate the world until you've shuffled drops of water through a maze to help your erode through the earth to reach the next level. With a ninety degree rotation of the world, a large rolling bolder that's about to crush you becomes a useful item to help burst through an obstacle you couldn't pass.

If And Yet It Moves sounds kind of wacky, that's because it is. It's The Matrix meets a puzzle game combined with hints of Below the Root thrown in. Besides excellent physics and camera tracking, the game also shines in art direction. And Yet It Moves features worlds made of patterns of torn scraps of photographs, while the character you play is seemingly scribbled on your screen with the strokes of a pencil on a shred of paper. To top it all off, And Yet It Moves features an eerily pleasant and fantastic score that fits right in with the game's wonderful worlds. And Yet It Moves is available in the Mac App Store for 50% off for a limited time. At the regular price of $9.99 it's a must have. At the $4.99 sale price And Yet It Moves is a "what are you waiting for?"
UPDATE: Just wanted to say I've completed the game and I can say that And Yet It Moves features the most creative use of end game credits ever.And Yet It Moves 50% off in the Mac App Store originally appeared on TUAW on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/02/18/and-yet-it-moves-50-off-in-the-mac-app-store/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: