With the hard work of some geniuses you can get almost any computer to be a perfect Hackintosh today. The HDMI would however almost certainly not work. Sleep will probably pose problems but you can get round it configuring your bios correctly and using the latest Chameleon (2.0.0 RC5 pkg with preference pane). I've never tried the iBoot method, but a very good way is to install leopard on a USB key (using iAtkos for example), then buy the Snow Leopard DVD ($29), boot into the key and install SL on the hard drive from there. Mine updates flawlessly from Software Update and if ever i have problems (which are usually due to "fixing things that aren't broken" :p) it can boot into leopard from the USB key and fix it from there.
It's frustrating fun, you should go for it. Good luck in any case.
Hi guys, I'm new to this and my english is not perfect. So, please, be patient while reading this. I have been doing some research on hackintosh and have just met the simple iBoot (Camaleon Boot loader) + Multibeast installation process designed by tonymac0Sx86. It seems to be the easiest way to have 10.6.6 Snow Leopard running smoothly. And I have realized that the new HP DV6T Quad Edition Series laptop is an almost perfect match to the new Apple 15" Macbook Pro regarding hardware (the configuration goes below). Does anyone know if this HP laptop is really a perfect hackintosh, is it fully functional? (Graphics, Sound, Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, Sleep mode, Power button, trackpad, volume controls, DVD drive, Webcam, Microphone, Keyboard, HDD)? Thanks in advance for your atention.
HP DV6T Quad Edition Series Components (US$ 1,219.99 as shown)
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2720QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz
• 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• No Additional Office Software
• FREE Upgrade to Norton Internet Security(TM) 2011 - 15 Month Subscription (activation required)
• High Capacity 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.75 hours of battery life +++
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
• Standard Keyboard