Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS Home Sharing bug found while using multiple Macs  (Read 474 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:16 am »

iOS Home Sharing bug found while using multiple Macs

iOS 4.3 brought us Home Sharing, which allows you to share iTunes libraries on up to five authorized computers on the same network and also have them show up on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. But if you have more than one Mac with a library to share, you may be in the same boat I found myself in.

I have three Macs, but Home Sharing would only bring up one library on both my iPhone and iPad. It wasn't always the same library; the one that appeared was totally random and often changed. I could never get more than one library to show up at once, so I called Apple. I was told that they would sort it out and get back to me.

After two weeks with no response, I called again and went up three levels of senior tech support. During the call, they were easily able to replicate the problem and told me this was the first time they had heard of it. They said it was a definite bug in the iOS software, thanked me for finding it and said they would contact me regarding when it would be corrected.Continue reading iOS Home Sharing bug found while using multiple MacsiOS Home Sharing bug found while using multiple Macs originally appeared on TUAW on Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/15/ios-home-sharing-bug-found-using-multiple-macs/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: