Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP News for iPad a missed opportunity  (Read 1154 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 02, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

AP News for iPad a missed opportunity

Filed under: iPadHaving made most of my living in the news business, I'm pretty much a news junkie. As a result, I've loaded my iPad up with a lot of news applications so I can keep up throughout the day.

I'd taken some pretty strong issue with the failings of the AP News app for the iPhone, but the iPad version hits a new low in design and function.

Let's start at the beginning. When you launch the app, you are presented with a screen that has little strips of news on what appears to be a cloth background. Each strip is a story. You can get about six of these strips on the iPad screen. That's pretty silly, since the screen is so large and the strips are so small. You would think the people that designed this app would use the extra space for more content, but that isn't the case. The home screen also has a large window which is a gateway to AP photos, and another window that leads you to video. More about those later.

Gallery: Ap News for iPadTUAWAP News for iPad a missed opportunity originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/30/ap-news-for-ipad-a-missed-opportunity/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: