Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Find My Mac kicks off with Lion  (Read 527 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 09, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »

Find My Mac kicks off with Lion

In the latest Developer Preview of Lion, Apple has activated the new Find My Mac feature. Like Find My iPhone, Find My Mac allows users to locate their Macs from any web browser or iOS device. As noted by 9to5 Mac, the Find My Mac setup is available through the Mail, Contacts and Calendars setting in System Preferences. Simply click "Allow," and your Mac is ready to be tracked.

Once enabled you can use any web browser or iOS device to track your Mac. When found you can choose to play a sound or send a message, remote lock the Mac or remote wipe the Mac. However, remote locking and wiping will prevent you from locating the Mac again. The Find My Mac feature will be free, all you need to use it will be Lion and a free iCloud membership. This feature is sure to be a bane to thieves, and no doubt we'll be hearing stories about how Find My Mac thwarted more thieves in the future.Find My Mac kicks off with Lion originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/08/find-my-mac-kicks-off-with-lion/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: