Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor: Updated MacBook Air Coming Tuesday?  (Read 956 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 10, 2010, 03:00:05 pm »

Rumor: Updated MacBook Air Coming Tuesday?

On the heels of last month’s advance rumor of new MacBook Pro models, the same source has come forward with word of a new MacBook Air update as early as Tuesday.AppleInsider is reporting on the latest rumor, which could land a new, refreshed MacBook Air model in Apple stores as early as tomorrow. That’s word from the Australian Macworld, who had correctly reported the new MacBook Pro refresh that landed in April. Now, the same source who tipped the publication about those models has come forward with advance word of a new MacBook Air allegedly swooping in this week -- Tuesday, in fact.According to the Aussie Macworld source, the new MacBook Air model carries the model number “MC516LL/A K87 BETTER BTR-USA,” with the tipster surmising that the code refers to a refreshed MacBook Air.However, it’s not a confirmed rumor, and Macworld Australia’s own report concludes that there is “some potential” that the listing may instead refer to a new 27-inch Cinema Display, which is long overdue. Rumors of a new 27-inch display code-named “K59” were first reported back in March, with an estimated June launch. The source did confirm that whatever the new product is, there are several thousand of them headed to Australia, “which suggests a new product.”Adding credence to the MacBook Air rumor, Australian Macworld claims there are “whisperings” that the current model is “difficult to come by” -- despite the fact that the diminutive notebook is still listed on Apple’s online store as shipping within 24 hours.The last refresh of the MacBook Air was in June, 2009, which included an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and a price drop to $1,499. With the latest MacBook Pros now using Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors, it’s anticipated that a new MacBook Air might also use at least the Core i5 for its processor.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/rumor_updated_macbook_air_coming_tuesday

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: