Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: usb thumb drive not loading  (Read 4387 times)
pjfan281

« on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:12 pm »

i have my Hackintosh system up and running, and all is well so far except one thing. whenever i plug in a usb device, it doesn't initialize. if i reboot the computer with the drive in, it will show at startup and let me access it, but it doesn't show if i just plug it in. tried two different model drives. if it matters, plug-n-play is set to on in the bios.

Asus p5w dh deluxe
Kalyway 10.5.2  and Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update installed

I also have to type "update -v" every time i start up to boot, else it just keeps freezing at the apple screen for a split second than rebooting. i assume this to be a graphic driver thing though and live with it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:37:56 pm by pjfan281 » Logged
pjfan281

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:47:30 am »

of course after i posted i searched even more and found a perfect solution here .

I still think i'm going to have  problem though. It's too fast to read, but at startup when I type  "update -v" I'm pretty aure I see an error about Kernel version not matching a kext. I think my kernel went up to 9.3 after Kalyway 10.5.3 update, and kexts are still 9.2.   Does this need to be fixed?  Will it address the issue of me having to type "update -v" to boot up?  If not, how do I fix that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: