Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Tested: Hard Candy's Bubble Sleeve for iPad  (Read 899 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 13, 2010, 07:00:29 am »

Road Tested: Hard Candy's Bubble Sleeve for iPad

Filed under: iPadWhen we visited with Tim Hickman from Hard Candy at Macworld Expo, he told us how they worked to get their cases ready for production without access to actual iPads for sizing and fit. For the past few weeks, I've been using the company's Bubble Sleeve as my everyday case for my iPad. In some ways, I wish that Hard Candy had waited a bit longer to think through the case design before rushing to market.

The Bubble Sleeve has a rigid outer shell covered in fabric and featuring, well, bubbles -- circular bumps that provide a firm gripping surface without causing too much friction if you slide the case into a larger bag.

Unzipping the twin zipper pulls reveals a soft interior with red plastic corner braces on one side of the case; these are repositionable, via Velcro, for a tighter or looser fit for the iPad (and allowed Hard Candy some wiggle room in case the iPad didn't come out at the exact size that was expected). The other side of the case has a grid of padded squares, providing a soft surface for the iPad screen to rest on.

Read on for my impressions, and see our gallery of product shots below.

Gallery: Hard Candy Bubble CaseTUAWRoad Tested: Hard Candy's Bubble Sleeve for iPad originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Wed, 12 May 2010 18:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/05/12/road-tested-hard-candys-bubble-sleeve-for-ipad/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: