Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Find My Friends' Debuts in App Store Ahead of iOS 5 Release  (Read 1212 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 12, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

'Find My Friends' Debuts in App Store Ahead of iOS 5 Release

Apple's Find My Friends app, which was announced last week when the iPhone 4S was unveiled, is now live in the App Store [link opens iTunes]. Find My Friends requires iOS 5, which is scheduled for release today. Find My Friends allows you to easily locate your friends and family from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Install this free app on your iOS 5 device and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy – just send a request to see their location. Once your friend accepts using the Find My Friends app, you will then be able to see that friend's location on a list or on a map.Find My Friends is a universal app compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. As previously mentioned, it requires iOS 5 and is therefore limited to the models capable of running the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system, which include the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 3rd- and 4th-generation iPod touch, and the iPad and iPad 2.

Apple's new Cards app, which was also announced last week, will be released today as well.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Developers Updating Apps With iCloud Support
• Discovery Channel to Air Steve Jobs Documentary with Mythbusters Hosts
• Side By Side Photos of iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
• Apple's Covent Garden Retail Store Raided in Organized Motorbike Robbery
• Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Begin

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/12/find-my-friends-debuts-in-app-store-ahead-of-ios-5-release/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: