Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Jobs Nominated for Time Magazine "Person of the Year"  (Read 522 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 11, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »

Steve Jobs Nominated for Time Magazine "Person of the Year"

NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams has nominated Apple cofounder Steve Jobs for Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" award. Williams said in his speech nominating Jobs:

One guy, who changed our world, and I said to Seth Meyers as we walked across Sixth Avenue, "Just look with me on this one block walk at how he changed the world around us. Look at how he changed the world." Not only did he change the world, but he gave us that spirit again that something was possible that you could look at a piece of plastic or glass and move your finger-- that's outlandish. You could make things bigger or smaller like that. "Oh the places you'll go" and oh the way you will change forever the music and television industries. So may he rest in peace, Steve Jobs, and the spirit he represents, are my nominee for Person of the Year.If selected, Jobs would be the first person to receive the award posthumously. Steve Jobs was a mentor to Mark Zuckerberg, 2010's Person of the Year.

Time's Person of the Year is awarded to "a person, couple, group, idea, place, or machine that "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year.'"

Past technology-related awards have gone to American Scientists in 1960, the Apollo 8 Astronauts in 1968, "You" in 2006, representing the individual content creator on the Internet, and "The Computer" in 1982.

The award will be presented in December.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Motion Tracking iPhone Dock Keeps Video On-Point
• New Walmart iPhone App Includes Shopping List, Coupons
• Apple Required to Reveal Australian iPhone Carrier Contracts to Samsung
• Apple Releases iAd Producer 2.0 for Developers
• Gallery of Storefront Photos from Apple's 357 Retail Stores

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/09/steve-jobs-nominated-for-time-magazine-person-of-the-year/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: