Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza app wars heat up as Domino's brings game to iOS  (Read 647 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 22, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »

Pizza app wars heat up as Domino's brings game to iOS

Pizza. It's pretty popular for the most part, so really it was just a question of time before it came to the iPad. While Pizza Hut was first with an iPad app, Domino's is the first with a game. Domino's Pizza Hero is that game, and like most rhythm type games, it's quite a bit of fun.

This app has some bonuses though: You can progress through levels and learn the magic of pizza creation, and when you have it all figured out, you can walk through the process of building the pizza of your dreams, and then place an order through the app for that very pizza. It's a lot of fun, and the ordering process looks pretty straightforward.

My only real complaint is that the feedback in the app as you complete levels is sometimes contradictory. "Great job with the sauce!" "Your sauce skills need work." Who do I believe? Other than that I really enjoyed the app, and since it's all Game Center integrated, you can even throw down with the usual game playing suspects. Perhaps the loser of the competition has to foot the bill for the winner's custom pizzas?

I enjoyed it and while there is very clear branding, it wasn't really overwhelming while playing the games themselves. Turns out with my index finger I'm a pizza slicing machine! Who knew? It's a free app, so check it out, especially this coming weekend when you've reached your limit of turkey leftovers.Pizza app wars heat up as Domino's brings game to iOS originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:30:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/22/pizza-app-wars-heat-up-as-dominos-brings-game-to-ios/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: