Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OSX on a Dell Optiplex Gx270  (Read 6985 times)
sdschramm

« on: April 27, 2009, 11:12:20 pm »

Hello. I know just about anything about Mac's and PC's but when it comes to mixing them together to make a hackintosh, I am a noob. Can anyone out there help me? I'd like to get 10.5.6 Leopard running on this Dell.

Here are the specs:
(hopefully that is enough information, if not, let me know what you need and I will get it!)

Dell Optiplex GX270
Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.60 GHZ
40GB IDE Hard Drive
160GB IDE Hard Drive (added)
1GB Ram (plan to upgrade later)
CD-ROM Drive/DVD+-RW Drive

Graphics: nVida GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8X (has 64MB vRam)
Ethernet: VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Wireless: D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Rev B.
Sound: SoundMAX Integrated digital Audio

I have acquired two different versions of the install disk: ?iDenb 1.4? and ?XxX 10.5.6 Leo Install Disc Rev1?
Both were burned and verified at 2x on reliable media.

I have tried both. Didn't seem to get anywhere with the iDenb so tried the XxX disk. This one seemed to give me more luck, but I can't get it to fully boot. I'm guessing its because I have the wrong combination of drivers selected. Every time I've tired to do the install (i've tried about 10 ? 15 times now) The install will finish and everything will be successful, but when it tires to boot for the first time, it never does. I can do the F8 and -V thing and that will give me lines of code to tell me what is stopping it, but I still can't seem to get it to work.

So I am starting fresh (I always have ? I have nothing to loose) and am open for suggestions of things I need to do to get this to work. And by the way, I already tired selecting ALL of the drivers, but that results in an error before the installer even starts saying that ?this software can not be installed on this machine? - So I can't just select everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: