Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Immense Pressure' Leads to Cancellation of Steve Jobs Figurine  (Read 1303 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 16, 2012, 11:00:31 pm »

'Immense Pressure' Leads to Cancellation of Steve Jobs Figurine

Earlier this month, we reported on Hong Kong company In Icons, which was attempting to release a realistic-looking Steve Jobs figurine.  According to reports, Apple was at the time threatening legal action over the posable figurine, and PC World now notes that production on the figurine has been halted.

In Icons has posted a statement on its website acknowledging that while it does not feel that it has violated any laws with the figurine but noting that it will cease production out of respect for Jobs and following "immense pressure" from lawyers representing Apple and Jobs' family.I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that the original intention for creating the figurine was driven by a fan’s admiration of Steve. We respect copyright and trade mark rights and therefore indicated on our site that we were not providing any Mac, iPhone and iPad models with the figurine. Further, we haven't used any Apple related brands. Unfortunately we have received immense pressure from the lawyers of Apple and Steve Jobs family. Regardless of the pressure, I am still Steve’s fan, I fully respect Steve, and his family, and it is definitely not my wish or intention that they be upset. Though we still believe that we have not overstepped any legal boundaries, we have decided to completely stop the offer, production and sale of the Steve Jobs figurine out of our heartfelt sensitivity to the feelings of the Jobs family.The 12-inch figurine had been set to sell for $99.99 plus shipping, and included a number of accessories to help users replicate any number of famous Jobs poses.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Das Keyboard Releases Model S Professional for Mac
• ITC Rules Against Apple in Motorola Patent Case
• Sculley: Newton Laid the Groundwork for Today's Mobile Industry
• Apple Expands iPhone and iPad Recycling Program to UK, Germany, and France
• Singapore Carriers to Offer Camera-less iPhone 4S Models

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/16/immense-pressure-leads-to-cancellation-of-steve-jobs-figurine/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: