Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Scoble Pipes up on Privacy  (Read 1041 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 24, 2010, 11:00:06 pm »

Robert Scoble Pipes up on Privacy

A lot of folks have had a lot to say about Facebook's handling of their user's privacy settings of late. Today, blogger and tech evangelist Robert Scobel provided us with a bit more information on what's going on behind the scenes.With all of the highly-publicized hubbub surrounding the social networking site's changes to the ways that they protect and share their user's personal information, it was inevitable that sooner or later, someone from the Facebook would either have to come out swinging, or wringing their hat in their hands, looking all earnest.Scoble it seems, is a "personal friend" of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and as such, was given permission to post a personal email to his blog for the world to all the world see:We’ve been listening to all the feedback and have been trying to distill it down to the key things we need to improve. I’d like to show an improved product rather than just talk about things we might do.We’re going to be ready to start talking about some of the new things we’ve built this week. I want to make sure we get this stuff right this time.I know we’ve made a bunch of mistakes, but my hope at the end of this is that the service ends up in a better place and that people understand that our intentions are in the right place and we respond to the feedback from the people we serve.I hope we’ll get a chance to catch up in person sometime this week. Let me know if you have any thoughts for me before then.The letter was quoted by Scolble, who made it clear that he had gained permission from Zuckerberg to do so, as part of a post wherein he poo-pooed other tech journalists for posting the personal emails of CEOs for the public to view simply because they contained information that might be of interest to the public.  

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/robert_scoble_pipes_privacy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: