Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddy Cue Accepts Special Grammy Award Honoring Steve Jobs  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 12, 2012, 11:00:27 pm »

Eddy Cue Accepts Special Grammy Award Honoring Steve Jobs

Back in December, The Recording Academy announced that it would be honoring Steve Jobs with a Special Merit Grammy Award.  The Trustees Award for Jobs was made in recognition of his contributions to the field of music with the iPod and iTunes Music Store.

The Grammy ceremony for the Special Merit Awards was held yesterday, and Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue was on hand to accept the award.On behalf of Steve's wife, Laurene, his children, and everyone at Apple, I'd like to thank you for honoring Steve with the Trustees Grammy Award.  Steve was a visionary, a mentor, and a very close friend.  I had the incredible honor of working with him for the last fifteen years.

Accepting this award means so much to me because music meant so much to him.  He told us that music shaped his life...it made him who he was.  Everyone that knows Steve knows the profound impact that artists like Bob Dylan and The Beatles had on him.

Steve was focused on bringing music to everyone in innovative ways.  We talked about it every single day.  When he introduced the iPod in 2001, people asked "Why is Apple making a music player?"  His answer was simple: "We love music, and it's always good to do something you love."

His family and I know that this Grammy would have been very special to him, so I thank you for honoring him today.

The Recording Academy has also published a brief tribute to Jobs by cellist Yo-Yo Ma, a 16-time Grammy winner and personal friend of Jobs.

Jobs' Grammy marks the second time he and Apple have been honored by The Recording Academy.  Apple itself won a Technical Grammy Award in 2002.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• iOS Surpasses OS X in Share of U.S. Web Traffic
• LifeProof iPhone Case Offers Protection Against Water and Shock Damage
• The iPad 3's A6 Processor to be Dual-Core?
• Apple Kills Off White MacBook as Educational Institution Distribution Halted
• Tweetbot for iPad Hits The App Store

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/12/eddy-cue-accepts-special-grammy-award-honoring-steve-jobs/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: