Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beatles Launch Exclusive Ringtones Through iTunes Store  (Read 375 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 22, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »

The Beatles Launch Exclusive Ringtones Through iTunes Store

Continuing their close relationship with the iTunes Store following a landmark deal to launch their music in the store in late 2010, The Beatles today announced the release of their first official ringtones, available exclusively through the iTunes Store.Beginning today, fans around the world can, for the first time, purchase ringtones for the Beatles’ 27 UK and US #1 hits, exclusively on iTunes.The 30-second ringtones are priced at $1.29 each, and the full list of available ringtones includes: "Love Me Do", "From Me to You", "She Loves You", "I Want To Hold Your Hand", "Can't Buy Me Love", "A Hard Day's Night", "I Feel Fine", "Eight Days a Week", "Ticket to Ride", "Help!", "Yesterday", "Day Tripper", "We Can Work It Out", "Paperback Writer", "Yellow Submarine", "Eleanor Rigby", "Penny Lane", "All You Need Is Love", "Hello, Goodbye", "Lady Madonna", "Hey Jude", "Get Back", "The Ballad of John and Yoko", "Something", "Come Together", "Let It Be", and "The Long and Winding Road".

Apple and The Beatles have an extensive history together, dating back to disputes over the Apple name that The Beatles have long used for their business ventures.  As Apple moved into the music business, the two sides came into conflict over the trademark, eventually leading to a 2007 agreement that saw Apple obtain all rights to the trademark and license it back to The Beatles for their specific uses.

Following the November 2010 addition of The Beatles to the iTunes Store, Apple has prominently featured the band's music at times.  The Beatles published an exclusive free animated e-book of Yellow Submarine on the iBookstore last year, and Apple accompanied that release with a dedicated television commercial of its own focusing on The Beatles.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Confirms March 3 Opening for Amsterdam Retail Store
• $16,000 Worth of iPhones Stolen from Charlotte Apple Store in Apparent Inside Job
• iPad 3 Launching in Germany on March 23?
• Proview Willing to Discuss Settlement with Apple in iPad Trademark Case
• Apple's First Dutch Retail Store Reportedly Set for March 3 Opening

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/22/the-beatles-launch-exclusive-ringtones-through-itunes-store/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: