Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Interviews Offer a Unique View of Steve Jobs  (Read 361 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 18, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »

Lost Interviews Offer a Unique View of Steve Jobs

After Steve Jobs' passing last year, a number of so-called "lost interviews" with the iconic businessman were released, but Fast Company claims it has "a treasure trove of unearthed interviews, conducted by the writer who knew [Jobs] best."

Since 1985, reporter Brent Schlender had covered Steve Jobs for Fortune and the Wall Street Journal and discovered three dozen tapes with recordings of interviews Schlender had conducted with Jobs over 25 years:

Rummaging through the storage shed, I discovered some three dozen tapes holding recordings of extended interviews--some lasting as long as three hours--that I'd conducted with him periodically over the past 25 years. Many I had never replayed--a couple hadn't even been transcribed before now. Some were interrupted by his kids bolting into the kitchen as we talked. During others, he would hit the pause button himself before saying something he feared might come back to bite him. Listening to them again with the benefit of hindsight, the ones that took place during that interregnum jump out as especially enlightening.The interviews cover much of the time that Jobs spent at Pixar, which often gets forgotten because of what he did putting Apple on top of the corporate world. But, of all that Schlender shares of Steve Jobs is the change in Jobs after he marries Laurene Powell-Jobs and starts a family.

Even after he went back to Apple, there was nothing Jobs liked more than spending time at home. Not that he wasn't a workaholic. We were iChat buddies for several years, so his name would pop up whenever he was working at his computer at home. Almost invariably, he was in front of his Mac until after midnight. We'd occasionally have a video chat, and if it took place early in the evening, I'd often see one of his children in the background looking on.The full article, "The Lost Steve Jobs Tapes" -- as well as the selected highlights from the interviews themselves -- are worth a read and show some of the personal and professional growth that Jobs experienced during his years at NeXT and Pixar.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Liquidmetal-Based iPhone 5 to Launch at WWDC in June?
• New App Turns Bluetooth On and Off With One Touch
• Apple's Second Retail Store in Rome Opening April 21
• Apple Hires United Continental CFO as VP of Sales
• Propellerhead Software's 'Figure' Delivers Beats On The Go

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/18/lost-interviews-offer-a-unique-view-of-steve-jobs/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: