Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valve Co-Founder Says Tim Cook Didn't Visit Valve HQ  (Read 459 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 20, 2012, 03:00:28 am »

Valve Co-Founder Says Tim Cook Didn't Visit Valve HQ

Apple CEO Tim Cook didn't visit Valve headquarters according to company co-founder Gabe Newell. The rumor, originally reported by AppleInsider, was squashed by Newell in a podcast interview.

Video game website Kotaku had a preview of the podcast from Seven Day Cooldown that included this quote:

We actually, we all sent mail to each other, going, "Who's Tim Cook meeting with? Is he meeting with you? I'm not meeting with Tim Cook." So we're... it's one of those rumors that was stated so factually that we were actually confused.

No one here was meeting with Tim Cook or with anybody at Apple that day. I wish we were! We have a long list of things we'd love to see Apple do to support games and gaming better. But no, we didn't meet with Tim Cook. He seems like a smart guy, but I've never actually met him.The report of the meeting between Cook and Valve executives set off a torrent of speculation about partnerships between the companies, including rumors of Valve's Steam service integrating with the App Store or an Apple television.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Quake 4, Complete with Cross-Platform Multiplayer, Arrives on the Mac App Store
• Midway Arcade Adds iCade Support
• Plants vs. Zombies Gets New Modes and Mini-Games
• Apple Wants Trial in iBooks Antitrust Case
• Extended iCloud Mail Outage Generating User Complaints

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/19/valve-co-founder-says-tim-cook-didnt-visit-valve-hq/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: