Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Design Chief Jonathan Ive Knighted in Buckingham Palace, Says 'Best Work' is Underway Now  (Read 456 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »

Apple Design Chief Jonathan Ive Knighted in Buckingham Palace, Says 'Best Work' is Underway Now

BBC reports that Apple's design chief Jonathan Ive was knighted today in Buckingham Palace, with Princess Anne performing the honors.  Ive's knighthood was announced in December, but the official ceremony was not held until today.

Ive's knighthood was accompanied by a rare extensive profile and interview with The Telegraph in which he shares details on his background and philosophy.“All I’ve ever wanted to do is design and make; it’s what I love doing. It’s great if you can find what you love to do. Finding it is one thing but then to be able to practise that and be preoccupied with that is another,” he says. “I’m very aware of an incredible tradition in the UK of designing and making, and so to be recognised in this way is really wonderful.”The humble Ive, who notably almost always uses "we" rather than "I" in discussion of Apple's design process, emphasizing the team aspect of the industrial design division's work, also discusses the care that Apple takes in designing every single aspect of each product.“We’re keenly aware that when we develop and make something and bring it to market that it really does speak to a set of values. And what preoccupies us is that sense of care, and what our products will not speak to is a schedule, what our products will not speak to is trying to respond to some corporate or competitive agenda. We’re very genuinely designing the best products that we can for people.”Asked which of his designs is most important to him and for which he would like to be remembered most, Ive notes that his team's current projects are "the most important and the best work we’ve done" but that he of course can't disclose details on that work.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Releases Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.13
• New Paris Apple Retail Store Opening Friday, May 25
• Video Streaming from TiVo to iOS Devices Coming This Summer
• Binary Nights Puts Mac File-Transfer App ForkLift On Sale for $0.99
• Physics Puzzler 'Feed Me Oil' Free for Today Only

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/23/apple-design-chief-jonathan-ive-knighted-in-buckingham-palace/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: