Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix Passbook's App Store error in iOS 6  (Read 288 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »

Fix Passbook's App Store error in iOS 6

Passbook might be the one new feature in iOS 6 that I’m most excited about—it’s one step closer to getting rid of my old leather wallet. But I wasn’t able to access Passbook's collection of compatible App Store apps, which was a bit frustrating.

The problem occurs when you open Passbook, and you tap the App Store button to see what apps support Passbook. Many folks (including me) got an “Can’t connect to iTunes Store” error. (Those same folks probably didn’t hear sad trombone in their heads when this happened, but I did.)

But there's a solution out there for our Passbook problems. The fix, which appeared in the Apple Support Communites and throughout the Web on sites such as Gotta Be Mobile and Yahoo! Answers, is very easy to do, and takes fewer than a couple of minutes. Here are the steps.

Open Settings.
Open General.
Open Date & Time.
Switch the Set Automatically setting to Off.
Open Set Date & Time.
Set the date to a year ahead.
Go back to the Home screen and open Passbook.
Tap the App Store button. The App Store should load.
Go back to Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.

It’s an odd way to fix Passbook, and Apple will probably correct the problem in the next iOS 6 update. But if you follow the steps above, hopefully you’ll be able to access the iTunes Store and find some Passbook compatible apps.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2010185/fix-passbooks-app-store-error-in-ios-6.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: