Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remains of the Day: Stuffed up  (Read 343 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 10, 2012, 03:00:53 am »

Remains of the Day: Stuffed up

iPod touch benchmarks are nothing to sneeze at, nobody coughs up enough money for a vintage Apple computer, and Taiwan and Apple hit a hiccup over map imagery. The remainders for Tuesday, October 9, 2012 are a sight for sore eyes.

Fifth-gen iPod touch benchmarks surface as devices begin shipping (Ars Technica)

The revised iPod touch has begun shipping, and benchmarks of the device have already begun leaking out, suggesting that its performance is on par with an iPhone 4S. Even in making phone calls. Zing.

Apple 1 Fails to Sell at Christie’s Auction! (The Classic Computing Blog)

Apparently nobody wanted to pay enough for an Apple I that was recently auctioned off by Christie’s. In the past, the early computers have gone for anywhere from $17,000 to $374,500, but the minimum bid of $80,062 was apparently just slightly out of reach. I mean, personally, I would have gone up to $79,000, but paying one penny over that would have been absurd.

Taiwan asks Apple to blur satellite image of new early warning radar (EdmontonJournal)

The government of Taiwan wants Apple to blur out satellite imagery of the country’s new radar station from the company’s Maps program. Not that they have much to worry about as far as the installation being attacked, since iOS 6’s Maps places the missile facility’s location squarely in Canada.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2011451/remains-100912.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: