Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which iPad should I buy?  (Read 376 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 27, 2012, 03:05:38 am »

Which iPad should I buy?

For a product not yet out of toddlerhood, the iPad sure comes in an awful lot of variations. With the new iPad mini and the fourth-generation iPad each unveiled this week, and with the iPad 2 still on sale, potential customers are faced with more iPad questions than ever: Should you get an iPad? If so, which model? And after you decide on a model, which size? And should you buy one with cellular connectivity?

That’s a lot of questions. We'll address them—and a few others—one by one. Before we dive in too deep, here’s a quick spoiler: Which iPad is right for you depends on what you need, and there’s no one perfect answer. But we can at least run down the right points to consider before you decide whether to lighten your wallet, and if so, by how much.

Do I need a new iPad?

I love my iPad. And I’m not alone, either: Apple CEO Tim Cook reported earlier this week that customers keep buying iPads because existing iPad owners love the tablets so much.

That said, I’m not convinced anyone out there truly needs an iPad. More than a computer, the iPad still feels like a luxury device: You can derive great joy from one, but need is a strong bar. The exception: If you have to replace an older Mac, and your computing requirements are simple—email, Web browsing, word processing, games, and the like—you can probably eschew a replacement Mac and rely on a new iPad instead.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2013123/which-ipad-should-i-buy.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: