Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the iTunes Guy: The iTunes Store and Apple IDs  (Read 329 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 02, 2012, 11:00:55 am »

Ask the iTunes Guy: The iTunes Store and Apple IDs

In this week’s Ask the iTunes Guy column, we look at a number of questions related to the iTunes Store and Apple IDs, and one question about a problem with iTunes launching at startup.

Q: My wife and I both have iPod touches, and we both have separate Apple IDs. But for some reason, for her to do updates on her iPod it is asking for my Apple ID and password and bringing up my account. How do we fix this?

I had something similar happen to me just a few weeks ago. I sold my iPhone 4S, and, before giving it to the buyer, I restored the phone on my Mac. A few days later, he came back to me because when he wanted to update apps that he had synced from his copy of iTunes, the phone displayed my Apple ID and asked for my password.
In some cases, if you've set up you iOS device from an account that is not the one you're using, you may see a request for a password and an Apple ID that is not yours.
I told him to restore the phone from his computer, and that fixed the problem. I’m not sure why this is happening, but I think the device somehow stores the Apple ID that is signed in when it is restored.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2013324/ask-the-itunes-guy-the-itunes-store-and-apple-ids.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: